Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks / 250g) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 or 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, cracked and mixed in one at a time
- 2 cups (12 oz package) chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (if mixture isn't dark brown in the end, add more)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups whole oats
Mix wet ingredients well into a large mixing bowl.
Mix dry ingredients (except the oats) in small or medium mixing bowl (whatever holds it all). Then mix in the oats. Add dry mixture gradually to wet mixture, mixing well as you add.
Scoop cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet by teaspoon (small) or tablespoon (large), spacing them out enough for them to expand. A dozen cookies should take 9-11 minutes to cook at 375F.