From FireSpeakerWikiJump to navigationJump to search
This is a spaghetti recipe that's intended to be easy enough for just about anyone to follow. It's fairly simple, really yummy, and open for creativity.
- An onion, and a couple teeth of garlic
- A tomato, a pepper, mushrooms, and/or whatever else you want
- Basil, oregano, salt (at least a good spoonful of each, but don't over-do the salt)
- Some pepper, a little coriander, less cumin, some sugar, and/or whatever else you want
- Tomato paste & water (about a cup of water for every couple spoonfuls of tomato paste, but you can always add less water)
- A bag of spaghetti noodles
- Any cooking oil
- Put a big pot on the stove on high filled about ⅔ with water, and get started with the rest of the instructions. When the water boils, add spaghetti noodles (broken in half if you like—it makes things easier), stir around some, turn to medium heat, and let boil, stirring occasionally. The noodles should be done after 10 minutes, ±5. Drain out the excess water before serving.
- Chop all the veggies. If you use carrots, better to shave them.
- Put a skillet on the stove, turn on to medium, pour in some oil to coat the bottom, let it get hot, and throw in your onions and garlic. Mix around.
- When the onions start getting a little soft, add your other veggies. If you have peppers, add those first and let them get a little soft before adding the other ones.
- Mix around a little, and add the spices. Mix them in well, and add the sauce and water. Mix around, let it start boiling, and the sauce is done.
- Put the sauce on the noodles, and eat.